Friday, January 15, 2016

what do you do.....

when you mojo gets up and walks out the door??
That happened to me at the beginning of the new year....
there was so much going on....
sorting and packing my life,
dramatically downsizing my belongings...
then there were the holidays
and all that entails.
So when the new year rolled around I was
exhausted and spent!
I had not a creative cell in my body....
I just walked around my craft area,
as lost as last years easter egg!

I knew the only way to break my creative doldrums was
to......JUST CREATE!

SO I DID!


I pulled out my art journal and just did it!

I had wanted to take step out photos but that never happened.
(sorry)

The thing about an art journal.....
is exploring the process!

I began by adhering various pieces of
vintage lace,
curtains and
cheese cloth to my pages using
watered down Perfect Paints ~ White Stucco
I LOVED the look and feel
but I have to say it took a lot of Stucco!


I then drew some random flowers and cut them out of

I pulled out a few bottles of Perfect Paints ~ Shimmering Matte Acrylic
and let the coloring begin!!


LOOK at all that YUMMMIE texture!

I then painted on a layer of 
When it was dry I created a mixture of equal amounts
and 
I applied a layer of the above mixture
let it cure for a minute
then I wiped it off!


Before I adhered down the flowers with
Ranger Multi Medium Matte!
I pulled out a couple of 
The Crafter's Workshop Stencils
Beaded Curtain and
Kasia's Letters
and stenciled with
and a bit of Gesso.


Now in all truth....
this is not one of my favorite!
But it helped me break through to my creative mojo...
and things are just a flowing now!!


I finished off my pages with one of
Yvonne Blair's new stamps....
In each flower I wrote something I want to let go in 2016.

What do you do to jump start your mojo???





3 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Lynne, this creative play is the perfect prescription for lost mojo for sure! I can tell you had so much fun making this amazing and quite dimensional background. I love the rustic colors, then adding these fun flowers - what fun! Great flow here and so happy that it worked through some junk in your mind so you can get on with being creative. Biggest hugs, Autumn

Sandy said...

Really gorgeous -- As always - I appreciate you telling us how you did this!
sandy xx
(will go back and read)

Michelle Gray said...

Love this. All of the texture and color is beautiful! TFS!