Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Lil Bug!!

I am OVER THE MOON EXCITED to be sharing
with you one of my latest creations using the Crafter's Workshop stencils.
As my children have grown older I began to shy away from layouts
and to expand into forms of Mixed Media.
Now, my art is about to return to it's roots.....
with a new little addition to my family.....my grandson Izaya!
I have more pictures of this little one than I know what to do with!
yourespecial
I LOVE Mixed Media so I began to experiment with how to
integrate the techniques into my layouts.
You're Special by Lynne Forsythe
I pulled out a few of my to go to stencils...
TCW267 ~ Ledger
TCW278 ~ Circle Explosion
TCW202 ~ Harlequin
TCW324 ~ Hexagon
You're Special by Lynne Forsythe
As I am a bit unfamiliar with applying "mists" through stencils
I decided to experiment with a few different applicators...
Make up Sponges
Paint Brush
Sea Sponge
You're Special by Lynne Forsythe
I LOVED how the Sea Sponge gave the appearance of texture.
You're Special by Lynne Forsythe
When I was happy with my "misty" background
I just had to add some texture....
a bit of Ferro through the TCW202 Harlequin Stencil.
You're Special by Lynne ForsytheFor a bit of a pop.....
I ran a bit of Molding Paste through
the TCW267 Ledger Stencil
....the perfect addition.
Now that my background was complete
I scrapped this "manly" page of "My Lil Bug!"
Isn't he just the cutest??!??!?

2 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

He is just adorable! Love your page! The colors and textures are awesome! Have a great weekend!

Scraps of Elegance said...

Awesome background work Lynne. How sweet you'll be scrapping photos of your little one again.