Friday, July 12, 2013

a "30 Minute Quickie" card...

I don’t know about you....
but my life is HECTIC!!!
I ALWAYS seem to be on the go.

I’ve been spending every waking moment
creating CHA projects, designing and 
trying to kick a bad allergic attack.
(Yeah....I FINALLY have my voice back!!)

In all the hub~bub....I TOTALLY forgot I needed to 
make a creation for my Die~Namites Dies blog post.

So I “Whipped up a Quickie” card!!
It was created in under 30 minutes.


I began with a piece of Canvas Corp ~ Kraft paper,
cut to 8.5”x 5.5” and folded in half.
I used my Distrezz it All to tear up the edges.
I stamped on the front of the card with
my favorite Hero Arts verbage stamp....
(I call it “white noise”)


Then I cut a piece of Canvas Corp ~ Kraft E Flute
3.75” x 5”, distressed the edges, wrapped it
with some Jute and adhered it to the front of the card.


and a piece of Canvas Corp ~ Linen paper.
I diecut the Daisy Vine image
and painted it with a bit of
Sweet Alfalfa ~ Twinkling H2O’s
I love how the paper kinda curls
when you dry it with a Heat Tool.
I then adhered it to the face of the card.


Next, I found a package of 
Petaloo ~ CMC ~ Mini Pearl Daisies,
along some Coral Berry and Yellow Rose

Silks Acrylic Glaze.

I spritzed the flowers with water,
and painted each flower the Yellow Rose.
I slightly dried the flowers and 
then with a small paint brush,
I placed slightly watered down Coral Berry
in the center of the Mini Daisy.
(if the paint doesn’t wick up the petals,
spritz with a bit more water.)
Then I dried the flowers.


I adhered the flowers to the Daisy Vine diecut image.
(I added an extra flower as I got a bit
rough with my diecut, when it was wet,
and tore off a piece....oooops!!)

I then wrote my sentiment on some of the leftover
Kraft paper, edged them with a bit of the leftover
Coral Berry and adhered with pop dots.
I also edged the card with a bit of the Coral Berry.

And there you have it.....
a “30 Minute Quickie”!!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love this, it would make a lovely wall hanging!

Elly said...

Just stunning (:o)

rachel said...

I love this card!! It's so pretty!
TFS
Rachel
jazzycreations.blogspot.com

Words and Pictures said...

It's totally gorgeous, Lynne... just love the layered kraft and corrugated card, and the flowers look wonderful against it.
Can't wait to see what you've been up to for CHA...
Alison x

Linda Pekrul said...

Totally LOVE it! 30 minutes ... you're amazing!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous card, Lynne. Love what you did with that die and the Silkz!