Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Le Jardin

Le Jardin by Marah Johnson
is a fun, funky collection with great colors and images.

MJ_Le-Jardin_Sneak-Peek

I chose to get a bit Artsy with my layout using this collection.
There was alot of mixing, spritzing,
image transfers and vintage lace going on!!

Embrace3

I cut the banner pieces from the Le Jardin paper and
image transfered them onto pieces of canvas,
along with 3 different Butterflies.

Embracebanner

Then the color mixing began!!
Viva Colour ~ Haematite and Lava Red ~ Inka Gold
I used this mixture in a watered down state to dip the banner
pieces in, to color the Mini Pearl Daises.
In a slighty thicker state,
I removed blobs of each Inka Gold with my Palette Knife,
and mixed in a wee bit of water
then spread it through the Floral Stencil.
I did this process 4 times to create the three dimensional flower,
each layer cut out slightly smaller than the last

Embracevivaflower

I also created a Funky card with this collection.
I cut out various images from the Seedlings paper and
accented them with Inka Gold.

Lejardincard

Lejardinclup

The background paper was created by dipping the backside of the
Dragonfly paper in the left over watered down
Inka Gold mixture from my layout.
I hope you have enjoyed this collection as much as I have!!

PRODUCTS USED:
Le Jardin Collection
Dragonfly
Le Jardin
Seedlings
Roses are Red
Sticker Sheet

Viva Colour
Inka Gold
30098 ~ Haematitie
30100 ~ Lava Red
30099 ~ Steel Blue
30095 ~ Green/Yellow
30097 ~ Violet
30101 ~ Old Silver
30094 ~ Copper

Precious Metal
30111 ~ Gold

Luminarte 
Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist
29041 ~ Spanish Moss
26411 ~ Pearl Gold

ExiStencil
28380 ~ Nature Stencil 

8 comments:

LISA said...

oh my my...To see a gorgeous layout from you is a real treat!! Lovely works of art!! xoxo

Netty said...

wow its a gorgeous layout and card Lynne, such a treat to look at. x

happy said...


Amazing gifted girl and gorgeous work, Lynne!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Lynne! Both your art & your daughter - beautiful!

Words and Pictures said...

Both gorgeous projects... those banners on the layout, and the flowers, and the fabulous inkiness - wow, wow!
Alison x

MichelleMc said...

Wow gorgeous creations! Love the details!

Peggy Lee said...

Girl you rock Artsy!!!!! love love your artwork simply fabulous.

juscrap said...

Wow gorgeous creations! Love the details!hugs