Monday, August 1, 2011

Color Me Crazy Winner........

I created this Artsy Journal to document my upcoming BEACH VACATION!! Knowing what I wanted to create.....

I began gathering my supplies:
Petaloo Color Me Flowers
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic Paint
(various colors) Multi Medium ~ Matte
Hero Arts ~ Sweet Threads
Ranger ~ Archival Ink & Peeled Paint Reinker Mixture
Bella Blvd ~ Alphas

Let the fun begin.......
I covered the Cover~All with dictionary pages with Multi Medium. 
Placed dabs of paint on my Craft Mat and began to color away!!!
I then stamped on the cover with Archival Ink.
I soaked up the left over paint with Petaloo Color Me flowers.
I dry brushed white paint over top of cover.
With my handy dandy Dreamkuts machine I cut PERFECT 6 x 6 pages for the inside of my book!
I then bound all my pages together with the A~MAZING Bind~it~All!!!
And there you have it.......my Beach Journal!!

I am sooooooo HAPPPPPY to say this album won First Place in the Altered Division
of the Petaloo Color Me Crazy Contest!!!!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Lynne! A true winner! And the pics you've shared on FB this morning alone - you're going to have a wonderful journal!

SmilynStef said...

Wonderful project and well-deserved win ... love it.

Lin said...

Congratulations, Lynne! It's a beauty, perfectly showing off the wonderful summer colors. And it will be a wonderful keepsake for future generations!

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally gorgeous, Lynne! Congrats on the win and have fun filling your beautiful album.

Linda M. Cain said...

Look at chu, girl!!!! WOW, I LOVE this book. Congrats, and the Petaloo people found a real ARTIST to work with their flowers.

YAY!!!!!

Linda

Dee in N.H. said...

Congrats Lynne! It's beautiful!

Deborah "DeBB!e" Ann Emmons said...

Boo hoo!! And I thought all this time it was for me...a gift from you for me....someone you love....someone who loves you back....for my Aruba vacation.....

Its beautiful and CONGRATULATIONS!! You know I am just kidding.... Hugs :-)

ufoide@gmail.com said...

wonderful...really!!!!very very nice!!!!

Dragon said...

This is so like you... I love the way you use colour and you are wonderful with flowers!!! I have found some new roses to drool over but still use yours so often!!!
Frankie
xx

Mireille said...

and this all happend during my vacation.. You rock!! very well deserved first place. I am so happy to have you on the team!