Monday, March 14, 2011

we are all STARS!!

.......so therefore this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show should be a snap!!!


I titled my banner Happy Spring......but I have to tell you....the shutter my banner is attached to is stuffed in a snowbank and it was spitting snow while I was taking these pictures......oh but it's coming!!

I began with Canvas Corp ~ Canvas Stars. They were colored with Butterscotch and Red Pepper Color Wash along with Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I first sprayed the stars with water to slight saturation then I dipped the edges in the pools of color and watched the color wick into the canvas. Then I dried the stars a bit and used my Vintage Photo Distress Stain around the edges.

To strengthen the burlap tags I painted on Matte Multi Medium
I then ran my Vintage Photo Distress Stain around the edges.


Each of the flowers began as a neutral color which I changed using Wild Plum, Purple Twilight and Sunset Orange Color Wash and Butterscotch and Red Pepper Color Wash
Fabrics used were Linen and Crinoline.








The denim used was from an old pair of jeans!!

and I spy Tim Holtz Alpha Parts!!





And I have to say....the splash of PURPLE set the banner off nicely!!



There you have it......STARS!!

Now....it's your turn!! Link your creation up to the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog.....and who knows you could win this....



9 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Your spring banner is lovely, Lynne! It seems like such a happy piece and brought a smile to my face. Beautiful colors and sensational fabric flowers - just a delight to the eye! Beautiful take on this challenge.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

jolande said...

Your banner is great...!!!
It's compleet and colerful..
Have a nice week..
Greatings from Holland..
Jolande

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous! I love your happy colors!

Candy C said...

Lynn...this is darling! I love your banner and how you incorporated stars in it! I love the idea of working with the canvas tags, too. The fabric flowers really set off the stars. Great job!

Dan said...

This is a wonderful piece Lynne! I'm so jealous of that distressed shutter too, I'd hang it on my wall like a piece of art! :)

Lori said...

This is a wonderful spring-y piece, Lynne! I love those stars, and that canvas adds so much texture!

Minxy said...

Fun, vibrant and very eye catching, i love it :D

Sarah said...

Loving this vibrant burst of spring colour. The denim blue is so much fun... I'm even getting a few 1970s vibes from these tones. This should melt that snow...Leaving feeling happy!

Sarah

Kim Costello said...

Your banner is gorgeous Lynne, I love you chic style, the flowers are beautiful. Loving the shutter and too funny it was spitting snow.
HuGs Kim :)