Monday, January 10, 2011

To MASK....or not to MASK!!!

And Simon Says Stamp and Show says.........SHOW US YOUR MASK!!!

SO....the inspiration for this layout was a USEABLE photo of my son....I had just spoken to him about this and by golly look what happened......there is such a thing as MIRACLES!!

I had the photo printed in wallet size and used 3 of the same. Pulled out my Prima Long Masks....Hounds Tooth...Love it!! and spritzed it with my Mini Mister Reinker Mixture....Black Soot Reinker and Perfect Pearl ~ Perfect Pearls....MY MASK!!

Then I had an INK~0~LICIOUS time!! spritzing and splattering!! (Barn Door and Pine Needles)

I used my Tiny Attacher to staple the Film Strip to the page. I also used some way cool "screw" brads which I mutilated with my Texture Hammer...both of the above gifts from two FABULOUS woman!! thanks Shelly and Linda!!

Then the SEWING began....the photos, the fibers......I went sew crazy....hehehehe. The truth being I had run out of my tape runner......hate it when that happens, I needed to hold those pictures down, some how...Tissue Tape worked well, after all it is TAPE!!

I have the hardest time titling layouts...so the best I could come up with was DA BOY!! ...... D... da boy (he's probably gonna kill me!!) I LOVE THIS KID!!

So, there you have it.... my masked layout... something different is always GOOD!!

NOW....time for you to try something different.......and MASK IT!! Don't forget to link your creation up to the Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog!!!

9 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

Well you already know my reaction to this AWESOME LAYOUT!!!! OMW I love that photo of Dougie!!!!! how cute....and a great pic to scrap with...love ya hon

Lori said...

This is a TOTALLY AWESOME layout! I love it, Lynne!

Netty said...

Terrific layout and lots of lovely splodges. x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, wow, wow! How fabulous is this layout? I really love the colors and the layout - great use of the mask too! Your project really ROCKS!

Hugs,
Linda

Nancy Wethington said...

I am in awe of how you get this to look so wonderful! When I attempt to use this technique it doesn' EVER look as fabulous as this. I need some lessons from the master.

KK said...

What a great layout and idea for all my ribbon scrap! Ribbon is too cute to throw away, now I know exactly what to do with it! Thanks!

P.S. Handsome boy too...I have two of my own. ; )

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Missy Lynne ... I love it too!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Way cool scrapbook page, Lynne!! I really love the way you layered the photo and the papers are awesome!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

hilde janbroers said...

amazing layout!! Thanks for stopping by at my blog and join the bloghop!