Monday, January 31, 2011

It's a LOVE thing!!

OK......here we go for another challenge over at Simon Says Stamp and Show....and it's

All About Love!


I began my creation with Canvas by Canvas Corp.
I pulled out one of my vintage dictionaries and
tore out pages pertaining to LOVE and HEART.

The next step was to pull out my
Reinker Mixtures (Mini Mister, Distress Reinker, Perfect Pearls and Water)
and Color Wash.....

The color palette ~ SHADES OF RED...Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany,
Barn Door, Worn Lipstick and Red Pepper (color wash). I cut various sized heart from various fabrics.


I tore up the Dictionary pages and adhered them to the canvas with Multi Medium ~ Matte.

Just a little Infomerical here......if you haven't tried this product....you need to!!
It's a sealer, adhesive, transfer medium......just the BEST!!


With the Multi Medium, I painted lines, and sprinkled on Vintage Glitter Glass,
unfortunately you can't see it well. 
There are a couple of "Ideaology" goodies also: the key and pin.
EVERYTHING was adhered to the canvas with that FANTABULOUS Multi Medium.

The letters were painted with Charcoal Black acrylic paint.

This is a bit different from my usual style......where's the inky edges???!??!
but it's good to do something different once in a while.....
ACTUALLY seems like I've been doing it alot lately!!

So.......remember...

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE....

pull out your supplies and have the time of your life....
then link your goodness to the Simon Says Stamp and Show Blog
Who know......YOU COULD BE A WINNER!!!

21 comments:

Minxy said...

This is absolutely STUNNING :D

Neil said...

I fell in love with this piece as soon as I saw it! It really spoke to me so thank you for sharing!

Peggy Lee said...

Hey girlfriend-you know how I feel about this fabulous artwork, from when I saw this in person soooo eye catching and amazing!!! love all the details, love the vintage glass glitter...

Lori said...

Love it Lynne! Really catches the eye, (like Peggy said, lol) great work again this week!

Cassie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!
=)

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous! I just love your stuff!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so powerful, Lynne! The red/white contrast, open space and the dictionary pages all come together to pack a punch. It stopped me in my tracks when I first saw it. Super piece of work.

And, yes, I did have a blog facelift. I thought it was time that I treated myself to a more professional look. Glad you like it - I'm super pleased with how it came out.

Shelley Haganman said...

This is just lovely!! I am going to have to "lift" this!

Jackie said...

I <3 it!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

lindsay ostrom said...

this has inspired me to create my own crazy love piece of art.... thanks!

Cindy Groh said...

Congrats to you.

Jen said...

Love what you did with the dictionary pages!! Fabulous project!!

Carol said...

Loving this one Lynne! Beautiful!

Robin said...

I absolutely love this project! Such a beautiful idea

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL Lynne! BIg hugs! :) Heidi

kate blue said...

love it!!!!!

scrappyjacky said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog....your canvas is simply inspirational.

Anonymous said...

Lynne, this is beautiful! Nice design and striking colors.

Nancy Wethington said...

Oh my gosh I absolutely adore this!

Myrna Marcano said...

Is so great idea!!!
Thanks for sharing
Hugs, Myrna

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

I WANT!!!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!! You rock my socks chick! Hugs Jamie