Monday, May 24, 2010

LCOM Sketches....

Love these gals at Let's Capture These Sketches and their sketches!!! (sure do miss them girls!!!) Ally had a fab sketch this week....so I just needed to play along....I've been on this mixed media kick so there are all different textures in the background...fabric, cardboard, chipboard, patterned paper, cork paper...oh the fun!!


So, to add a twist, there was a challenge with the sketch....3 stamps or stickers....I stamped twice on the cork paper...once with white paint, the other with Perfect Pearls and "Delight" is a sticker of sorts. My added twist was the use of my Reinker Mixture, wicked up into the fabric. I did that by spritzing the mixture onto my craft mat and they running the edges of the material through it. I then spritz the fabric with water to help in the wicking process. I also dabbed the fabric into it and dabbed some on top of the white paint.



Reinker mixture you ask......it consists of a Mini Mister, one dropper full of Reinker Ink and Perfect Pearls of your choice and water....boy did I have fun with it!!!  In the background and on the ribbon, you will see Bundled Sage and Perfect Bronze Perfect Pearls Reinker Mixture, also on the birdcage. 



I also colored the Prima Cameo Roses. I did that by squirting a glob of Terra Cotta Dimensional Pearls onto my Craft Mat. I then dipped my paint brush into some water and mixed the Dimensional Pearls around then painted on the Roses.

See those YUMMY roselike flowers....well I will be doing a tutorial later in the week on how to make those LOVELIES!! They are fun and ohhh so easy!!! and I made them up!!

Oh how could I forget to mention my STUPENDOUS DISTREZZ IT ALL....see the edges of the photo...yes that would be the Distrezz it All!

5 comments:

aprilrhyno said...

Thats a really awesome page!!! I LOVE all the different elements~ I may have to try something similar ;)
I have been MIA from LCOM for a while, Ive been so busy lately, but I hope to get over there and catch up soon. Ally's sketches rock!

Dolores said...

wow this is gorgeous! I love it!!! You did a fabulous job with different techniques

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!! You are so clever! Love it, and miss you on the team x

Peggy Lee said...

amazing Lynne, Love all the mixed media elements going on!!!!

Jodi said...

wow!!!! this is stunning!!! I love all different textures!