Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Fun of it ALLLL!!!

Oh I've been gettin' messy again!!! I know...I know.....you are totally surprised!!! Even TOTALLY SHOCKED!!! hehehehehe.....

Them girlies over at Let's Capture Our Memories are AT IT AGAIN...such a creative bunch they are!! Well...they are fixin' to have a Birthday and Liz Hicks, Tattered Angels Educator is going to be stopping by....so Tink (aka Tanya our fearless leader) came up with a FAB idea....to have a ScrapCapture....What is that you ask....Have no fear...I'll tell ya!!!

You see Liz created this BEYOND AMAZING layout....






I wasn't kidding when I said it was AMAZING!!! So, the whole idea is to look at this layout and to be inspired and to scraplift it!!!

As soon as I saw it...the wheels in my mind started up!! but I had to wait TWO WHOLE days before I could begin....complete torture to say the least!!

Enough chatting....here is my take on Liz's layout...


Let me tell you....I had ink and paint EVERYWHERE...I was having so much fun. Now when I started this project at 10 o'clock last night...do you think I could find a 12 x 12 piece of cardboard?? No!! so I improvised. I cut 2 pieces 6 x 12, turned it on its side, cut the ends off and stuck them in the corners. Then I glued them down to another sheet of paper!




I painted the cardboard with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Acrylic Paint....first I used Blank Canvas (white), then I added Landscape Green, for accent I added some Gold Acrylic Paint Dabber. I pulled out my Glimmer Mist, Frost and Pinecone, and I sprayed away!!

OH and see the piece of Duck Cloth.....I sprayed it with a little Pinecone and Frost Glimmer Mist, brushed on some Blank Canvas. I then created a "puddle" of Pinecone on my Craft Mat, dragging the edges of the Duck Cloth through the "puddle". I then sprayed chosen spots with water to cause the color to wick into the fabric.



Do you like the hint of blue in the white flowers....I painted them with Frost Glimmer Mist. I also did some Green Scrappin in this layout. Some Prima packaging spritzed with Pinecone. The brown flowers and florishes....well they came from the back packaging of the Basic Grey Cappella brads. They were the perfect accents for this layout!! I unfortunately am out of Prima bling so I added some string pearls for additional accents.

Did I say....I used my Distrezz It All??? Yes, I did....on the photo, paper and cardboard!!!


So there you have it ladies......my messy scrappy layout....OH THE FUN IT WAS!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful, great job!

Jodi said...

I just loooove your cardboard creations!!! They are sooo awesome!