Saturday, October 3, 2009

the BIG PARTY is today!

So, TODAY is the big day....my daughter's SWEET 16 Birthday BASH!!!

Yes, her birthday was in August but we find most of her friends are away on vacation at that time and this was the first weekend since school started that we have been able to get a weekend that everyone had off!!

I have always wanted to make a banner...so here it is, this is one of two...it is probably WAY to phrew...phrew...for my daughter...but it is a SWEET 16 PARTY!

The other banner says...Happy 16th...but it's tooooo big to photograph!!

I cut 8" x 6" pieces of paper.

Marked the 6" side at 3" and cut out the triangles. I then decorated the triangles. DON'T throw away the leftover pieces....made something cool out of them....

Using my Bind it All...I punched holes in the tops of the triangles and attached them with ribbon and O-Wire .

Every birthday party requires party hats....and just any ole hat wouldn't do!! So, with the leftover triangles I created this "Sweet 16" Crown!!


3 comments:

Glenda T. said...

Um wow, that crown is gorgeous!! Totally fit for a sweet 16 princess!! Happy birthday to your DD!!

Peggy Lee said...

Love Love the banner and the FABULOUS Crown. Happy Sweet 16 to Lynne's beautiful girl.

Deborah "DeBB!e" Ann Emmons said...

Alot of work...but very nice. A day Lysie will remember forever.