Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time for a new challenge!!!

OK...so this is the next DREAMGIRLS challenge for Team B....not for my team...but I couldn't resist because this challenge really pushed me out of my box. Of course the distress part was no problem but the "Measure" parts were a bit harder to grasp!! I looked up a quote and came across the one I used..."To measure the man, measure his heart." by Malcolm Stevenson Forbes. I immediately thought of both my husband and his father. Two men with the biggest hearts. The central photo was the last photo taken of Walter, my DH, with his dad.

On this layout, I used a rather unconventional item....gutter screening, black, dimensional and fun!! So it may not be archival but it sure is cool looking!
I had tons of fun painting the Maya Road flourish with Distress Crackle Paint...Tarnished Brass....oh what a yummy product. I then inked over it with Black Ink Distress Ink. Oh what an awesome effect!! I then accented with dots of Fired Brick Distress Stickles...More yummilicousness!!!

Prompt: Use the word Measure on your layout
Technique: {Distressing}Sanding,inking
Product: Measuring tape

So, I now encourage you to take the "CHALLENGE" and create a layout of your own and add it to the flickr group and you could be chosen to win an awesome prize...so head over to DREAMGIRLS to join in on the fun!

No comments: