Saturday, April 4, 2009

More Picts....

I LOVE METAL!! and for a while now I've been using Shur Tape... an adhesive backed metal tape that can be purchased at your local hardware store....It's awesome...you can run it through your Cuttlebug to give it texture...which as we all know...IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TEXTURE!!! The only drawback is that it doesn't hold it's shape...it smooshes ;(
So, I've been on a quest for metal...and I've found it being offered by several different places. Ten Seconds Studio has an amazing selection of pre-colored metal sheets...(or plain if you feel the need to color your own). I had the opportunity to work with their products this past weekend.....OH I AM IN LOVE!! We will be getting their product line into the store soon! Also, be watching for a class we will be offering at Generations of Memories using these products!!

I also came across metal put out by QuicKutz. (We don't sell it in the store....) It is adhesive backed... so I stuck it to a neutral colored piece of paper before I cut the flowers out. I ran them through the Cuttlebug using 3 different embossing folders. The metal I used had an aluminum finish which I in turn colored using my Alcohol Inks. I then manhandled the ends of each petal to give the flower a 3-d effect..........A THING OF BEAUTY!!!
Be watching for those spring flowers............I KNOW I AM!! and while waiting........CREATE!

1 comment:

Just-Kim said...

Of course, I LOVE the metal!

I didn't realize that QK made metal. I know that Spellbinders has some that's a nice gauge but I didn't know about QK. Is it more like metal foil flashing? or a thicker gauge like Ten Sec?

You know me, I'm always on the look out for some metaly goodness!